Click to Enlarge View
Name of the Port :
Kattupalli Minor Port - M/s L & T Shipbuilding Limited is settingup a shipyard cum minor port complex at Kattupalli, in Thiruvellor Distrct.
Port Limit coordinates and G.O :
|Latitude||13°||18 '||57.26 "||N|
|Longitude||80°||20 '||45.68 "||E|
|Latitude||13°||20 '||45.33 "||N|
|Longitude||80°||22 '||54.72 "||E|
|Latitude||13°||20 '||45.41 "||N|
|Longitude||80°||23 '||27.96 "||E|
|Latitude||13°||17 '||40.15 "||N|
|Longitude||80°||23 '||28.01 "||E|
|Latitude||13°||17 '||39.76 "||N|
|Longitude||80°||20 '||49.00 "||E|
G.O.Ms.No.194, Highways and Minor ports (HN 2) Department dated 01.08.2008.
Port based Industry :
Shipbuilding Yard developed by M/s L&T Shipbuilding Limited, Chennai.
Details of Port Infrastructure/ Facilities :
- The Government in Industries Department had issued G.O.Ms.No.9 Industries (MIE.I) Dept. dated 23.01.2008, permitting M/s L&T Limited and M/s TIDCO to form a Joint venture company namely, M/s L&T Shipbuilding Limited, for developing a Shipbuilding Yard cum Minor Port Complex at Kattupalli.
- This was necessitated to enable Indian Shipbuilding Industry to build flotila for the Indian Navy and Coast Guard.
- Since a stand-alone shipyard cannot sustain a large-scale investment for a breakwater supported harbour, the above G.O. also permitted this company to handle other commercial cargo subject to the approval of Tamil Nadu Maritime Board.
- Accordingly, Tamil Nadu Maritime Board in its 57th Board meeting held on 06.02.2008 permitted this captive port to handle other commercial cargo in line with the Minor Port Development Policy.
- As such, the port facility here comprises of 1.5 Kms.long Northern breakwater, 3 kms. long Southern Breakwater, 5 Kms. long Navigational channel to a depth of 15 mts. and other harbour related infrastructure.
- The company has proposed to handle containers and also build offshore platforms, besides meeting the defence requirement
- The construction of the Port is nearly complete and the company is in the process of obtaining the required statutory approvals/clearances for commissioning the Port.
- Two vessels carrying Rubber Tyred Gantry (RTG) Cranes have unloaded 10 RTGs in October/November 2011.
- Three more vessels with RTGs and Rail Mounted Quay Cranes (RMQC) are expected to call at this Port in the next few months and the Port is expected to be commissioned in Jan/Feb 2012.
Cost of the Port facility :
Approximately Rs. 3,000 Crores
Year of a) Construction
|-||Expected by January /February 2012|
Port Developer/Captive User :
M/s L&T Shipbuilding Limited,
L&T Chennai House,
10, Club House Road,
Chennai 00 002,
Phone : +91-44- 28462000 +91-44- 28462000 , Fax : +91-44-28461060
Name and quantity of cargo handled :
Shipbuilding material and containers
Quantity : Proposed 1.5 MMTPA
Extent of coastal land leased and licence valid upto76.86 acres. Licence valid till 2038
Length of coast line :
2200 Metres (Appx)
Approximate revenue to TNMB per annum :
|a) Licence fee for coastal Land||-||Rs. 93.31 Lakhs per annum|
|b) Approximate Port Dues||-||Rs. 77.76 Lakhs per annum|
|c) Approximate Cargo dues||-||Under development|
Applicability for International Ship and Port Facility Security Code :
Since this facility will serve vessels engaged on International trade, ISPS will be applicable
Contact Person :
Company Official:Thiru Gandhi Rajan, Joint General Manager,
Phone: 9444399132, Thiru. Sivaraman, Vice President,
Thiru.Venkatesh, Senior Vice President,
Tamil Nadu Maritime Board Staff :
Cell : 9841380725.