Click to Enlarge View
Name of the Port :
Kattupalli Minor Port - M/s L & T Shipbuilding Limited is settingup a shipyard cum minor port complex at Kattupalli, in Thiruvellor Distrct.
Port Limit coordinates and G.O :
|Latitude||13°||18 '||57.26 "||N|
|Longitude||80°||20 '||45.68 "||E|
|Latitude||13°||20 '||45.33 "||N|
|Longitude||80°||22 '||54.72 "||E|
|Latitude||13°||20 '||45.41 "||N|
|Longitude||80°||23 '||27.96 "||E|
|Latitude||13°||17 '||40.15 "||N|
|Longitude||80°||23 '||28.01 "||E|
|Latitude||13°||17 '||39.76 "||N|
|Longitude||80°||20 '||49.00 "||E|
G.O.Ms.No.194, Highways and Minor ports (HN 2) Department dated 01.08.2008.
Port based Industry :
Shipbuilding Yard developed by M/s L&T Shipbuilding Limited, Chennai.
Details of Port Infrastructure/ Facilities :
- The Government in Industries Department had issued G.O.Ms.No.9 Industries (MIE.I) Dept. dated 23.01.2008, permitting M/s L&T Limited and M/s TIDCO to form a Joint venture company namely, M/s L&T Shipbuilding Limited, for developing a Shipbuilding Yard cum Minor Port Complex at Kattupalli.
- This was necessitated to enable Indian Shipbuilding Industry to build flotila for the Indian Navy and Coast Guard.
- Since a stand-alone shipyard cannot sustain a large-scale investment for a breakwater supported harbour, the above G.O. also permitted this company to handle other commercial cargo subject to the approval of Tamil Nadu Maritime Board.
- Accordingly, Tamil Nadu Maritime Board in its 57th Board meeting held on 06.02.2008 permitted this captive port to handle other commercial cargo in line with the Minor Port Development Policy.
- As such, the port facility here comprises of 1.5 Kms.long Northern breakwater, 3 kms. long Southern Breakwater, 5 Kms. long Navigational channel to a depth of 15 mts. and other harbour related infrastructure.
- The company has proposed to handle containers and also build offshore platforms, besides meeting the defence requirement
- The construction of the Port is completed and it was inaguarated by Hon`ble Chief Minister on 30.01.2013.
Cost of the Port facility :
Approximately Rs. 3,000 Crores
Year of a) Construction
|-||Commissioned on 30.01.2013|
Port Developer/Captive User :
M/s L&T Shipbuilding Limited,
L&T Chennai House,
10, Club House Road,
Chennai 00 002,
Phone : +91-44- 28462000 +91-44- 28462000 , Fax : +91-44-28461060
Name and quantity of cargo handled :
Shipbuilding material and containers
Quantity : Proposed 1.5 MMTPA
Extent of coastal land leased and licence valid upto76.86 acres. Licence valid till 2038
Length of coast line :
2200 Metres (Appx)
Approximate revenue to TNMB per annum :
|a) Licence fee for coastal Land||-||As per scale of rates|
|b) Approximate Port Dues||-||As per scale of rates|
|c) Approximate Cargo dues||-||As per scale of rates|
Applicability for International Ship and Port Facility Security Code :
Since this facility will serve vessels engaged on International trade, ISPS will be applicable
Contact Person :
Company Official:Thiru Gandhi Rajan, Joint General Manager,
Phone: 9444399132, Thiru. Sivaraman, Vice President,
Thiru.Venkatesh, Senior Vice President,
Tamil Nadu Maritime Board Staff :
Cell : 9841380725.